Reopening The Bay Club
Updates to access & rules.
General Use of the Bay Club
At the SBCA Board meeting yesterday, the SBCA Bay Club Rules were amended in regard to the Bay Club mask policy as follows:
All persons (including SBCA members, guests, and others) while inside the Bay Club building must wear a mask over the nose and mouth unless fully vaccinated against COVID, or while eating or drinking, or while in the pool water during periods of authorized use for unvaccinated individuals.
Penalties associated with violations of the mask rule are as follows:**
- 1st offense $500 fine.
- 2nd offense $1000 fine and loss of Bay Club use privileges for 6 months.
Operational Changes for July 12 – August 1.
- Members are still required to check in at the Front Desk before entering the Club amenity areas.
- Masks are required for those who have not been fully vaccinated while in all areas of the Club. Masks are not required while eating or drinking.
- Bay Club Hours of Operation will continue to be limited to Monday Friday, 8a-4pm.
- All activity for the Bay Club will resume, including group events (exercise, dance, meetings, social gatherings) for SBCA members only. Contingent on staffing levels, it may not be possible to accommodate or schedule after-hours events.
- Members and visitors may be asked by the Bay Club Staff to present proof of vaccination.
- A new pool activity calendar has been created. Time slots for each day will be allocated for the following activities:
- Pool Exercise (rehab/PT exercises, Aquarobics, Aqua-Zumba, etc.).
- Lap Swim only
- Open Swim Limited (only for fully vaccinated individuals). .
- Open Swim Unrestricted (for all vaccinated and/or unvaccinated individuals).
- Locker rooms/showers are now available without restriction.
- The pool schedule will be posted on the Bay Club website and be available on paper at the Bay Club Front desk beginning on Monday, July 12th.
- Reservations are required for Lap Swim - call the Bay Club Front Desk.
Operational Changes for August 2 – forward.
- Bay Club Hours of Operation will change to the following: Monday-Friday 7:30a-8p, Saturday 9a-5p, Sunday 12p-4p.
- Group activities will resume fully for all and will include those for Port Ludlow Community Groups and outside rentals. Contingent on staffing levels, it may not be possible to accommodate or schedule after-hours events at this time. All groups are required to comply with SBCA’s updated Facility Use Agreements in order to confirm a reservation for use of Bay Club meeting space.
All members, guests and visitors entering the Bay Club do so at their own risk related to COVID issues, and should not assume the masking policy described above will protect them from infection. Click here for more information.
Send comments and questions to the Bay Club GM: commentsxxxsbcaxxxclubxxxClub Reopening
Image by Gerd Altmann